Friday, December 23, 2011

"SNAKELAND MUST BE DESTROYED!": ALTERNATE ENDING FOUR


* This is a fictionalized account of some shit that actually happened. All the names, locations, etc. have been changed to protect the innocent as well as the guilty. – JG *


ALTERNATE ENDING FOUR

-Jason. Wake up.-

I sit up, still dreaming, my wife asleep at my side. The teenage Girl sits at the foot of our bed, to the left of me, a strawberry blonde in a black t-shirt under a denim vest. She is scrawny and kind of trashy but she has a very pretty, vulnerable smile. She also has a deep gouge in her forehead and a thin red line dug into her throat where she was strangled.

-Jason. Wake up.-

-What. What do you want.-

-I know you can’t do it.-

I take a moment to measure the gravity of her words. -I really thought I could. I thought, how hard can this be, you know. Found out.-

-Why is it so hard. Is there a part of you that doesn’t want it to end.-

Again, I take my time. -Maybe. But also there’s this other part that feels like...even in the lie of the movie version, giving everything a nice, concise explanation is like...the lie is just too big.-

She smiles sadly, sweetly. –I understand. There are some lies that are too big to tell.-

-I’m sorry.-

-I know you are. You’re forgiven.- She smiles, moves as if to leave, then pauses.

–Take the end. Take the end to tell something else, something true.-

And then she is gone, and something is over, and something else begins.



2 comments:

tipota said...

oh big J i really think jason can do whatever he wants to. i thought the film script thing was very original as the writing built into it and also it's just kinda cool to think hey you have one ready to go if you ever need one. i mean its great and its complete. and of course you gotta come up with a few endings cuz otherwise they're just gonna do it for you haha with their inhouse staff cuz it all depends on who is directing i guess just guessing really
but in the end, thank you, it's been wonderous, and looking forward to whatever comes up

Jason Gusmann said...

thanks so much for all yr support, tipota - have a great holiday!